2016……Dairy Specialists intregal part of design and constuction of largest gas producing digestor with centrifuge solids management
2014……Dairy Specialists forms a strategic alliance with Nutri-Fuge Technologies to enhance the company’s ability to better serve the regional and national market with centrifuge waste management technology
2012……Dairy Specialists adds the complete line of Boumatic products becoming their Colorado Dealer
2011……Dairy Specialists is honored of the Colorado Ethics in Business Awards as a recipient of the Bill Daniels Ethics In Business Award
2010……Dairy Specialists is honored by the Better Business Bureau as a recipient of the Torch Award for Business Ethics
2007……Dairy Specialists adds Centrisys Centrifuge Systems to it’s product offering and launch’s dealership remodel
- Centrisys supplies Centrifuge solid waste systems around the world. Dairy Specialists is the first Dairy Equipment Dealer to offer this new and emerging technology in the Dairy Waste market. This technology offers a great improvement in solids recovery and manure management systems
- Recognizing the benefit of continual skill and technical training Dairy Specialists extensively remodels interior spaces to create a dedicated training area. This dedicated area enhances training levels and allows for skills development and outside experts to run seminars for DS employees.
- Addition of a new shop building and interior remodeling streamlines parts department, chemical processing and maintenance shop areas.
2007……Dairy Specialists builds the largest single parlor in the world to date! A double 80 parlor!
- Dairy Specialists needed to customized the complete parlor system due to the size of the parlor. This parlor is able to operate each side of the parlor as a independent system, with its own milk, wash and cooling equipment.
2004……Dairy Specialist adds BECO and Loewen product lines
- The BECO equipment line enhances Dairy Specialists options with additional Pulsation and Milk metering systems and more.
- Loewen Welding and Manufacturing offers “Honey-Vac” trailers and trucks for efficient manure collection and movement.
2000……Dairy Specialists notes the growing demand for quality manure management and adds the Houle product line
- By adding the Houle Manure handling line of product to their existing Agpro product line Dairy Specialists is able to offer their customers multiple options to choose from in manure management.
1999……Westfalia purchases Surge equipment and merges the two equipment lines into one, and combines the best of both companies
1998……Dairy Specialists begins servicing dairies on Colorado’s Western Slope
1997……Dairy Specialists expands into western Nebraska, building two commercial dairies
1994……Dairy Specialists innovates and builds the first “Subway” milking parlor
- This layout moves equipment from the milking pit down under the stall area. Reduces noise in the parlor and improves working area for operation and service of equipment. This type of parlor layout is now used on over 70% of the dairies built since 1998.
1992……Dairy Specialists expands into the ventilation market with Schaefer Ventilation Equipment
- Schaefer Ventilation Equipment has been manufacturing and distributing innovative and efficient thermal comfort equipment for agricultural, horticultural, industrial and commercial markets since 1951.
1991……Sorensen Surge merges with Progressive Dairy Systems, to form Dairy Specialists Inc.
- Merging the two companies created a strong company to support the growing Dairy Industry in Colorado
- The merger makes Westfalia and Surge products lines both available
- Dairy Specialists relocates to 3309 Empire St. where they are still located
1989……Sorensen Surge installs the first fully loaded double-24 parlor in Colorado
- Complete computerized system with milk meters and individual cow identification
1980……Sorensen Surge adds Agpro product line to their customers
- Recognizing their customers needs in the Waste Handling area Sorensen Surge located a reputable company in the waste field started to offer their products.
1978……Sorensen Surge adds Mueller milk tanks and cooling equipment to its product line
- A 34 year old company with a proven track record in the dairy industry was a positive addition to Sorensen Surge and introduced the “Fre-Heater” to the Colorado Dairy Market.
1977……Sorensen Surge installs first automated milking system in Colorado
- Hertzke Dairy – Double-4 side opening stalls with automated take-offs and prep stalls
1970……Sorensen Surge starts servicing local dairies